Monday, October 10, 2011

Boston 2012!

I just filled out my application for the 2012 Boston Marathon! I would LOVE to be part of Team Eye and Ear again. Last year was just an amazing experience.

I slacked with running for a while over the summer, but fall tends to be when I build up the most and have big success in running. The weather is just perfect for it. Last week was great at the track with the group, even being there in the dark.

Next weekend I'll be in CT for the ING 1/2 marathon supporting 2 friends who are running. I'll be running in the 5K with another friend. Nice Girls Weekend away. Who would have ever thought a few years ago that my idea of a girls weekend now is going away to run in a race! Talk about coming a long way!

My back was a little sore the past couple of weeks. I called a chiropractor closer to work to start treating again. I want to be a little pro-active this time around and not wait until I'm struggling to walk like last March. That was tough.

I really want to do Boston again and I really want to make my goal of 4 1/2 hours. I know I can do it, as long as I'm injury free. This will be exciting to do it again and this time have a better idea of what I'm expecting. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment