Saturday, May 7, 2011

Marine Corp Honor Run

We lucked out with the weather which seems to be a theme for me! YAY! :) Sunny and warm and beautiful out. The rain didn't start until after 3:30 which was good.

We had a really good time today. My back did start to bother me a little bit, but I got in more running before I had to walk. I jogged a mile and a half, then walked a mile, then jogged the last bit from 2.5-3.1. At the 2 mile mark my time was 21:45 and considering I had walked a half mile, that's really good! I finished in 35:45 total. Not thrilled with my time overall, but a full mile was walking so that slowed down my pace big time.

Eventually the injuries will stop and I will be ok. I'm not worried about that. But it isn't worth pushing myself just to get a time I want. I don't want to make the injury worse. Finishing the marathon was one thing. Pushing it for a 5K time? Yeah, SO not the same level!

Today the "Mullet Marathon" runners were there. I got a few great pics to post from today. Otherwise, looking forward to yoga tomorrow morning then starting week 3 with the group on Monday night.


My Tshirt from the race.




Our group before the race.




The Mullet Marathon Group with a couple of us.




Me with 2 of the Mullet Marathon team members.

No comments:

Post a Comment