Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Week 3 Day 2

Tonight was another great night at the track. We seem to be down to about 25 or so people but have had the same core group. They are doing such an amazing job! I am so proud of everyone!

After we finished tonight, one of our newer runners... she started her running with us on the first night... gave me high 5's when we were done. She was SO excited! She did the program tonight. Jog 1/2 a lap, walk 1/2 a lap, jog a lap, walk a lap then repeat that. Monday night she couldn't do a full lap of jogging but she did both of them tonight! She was SO proud of herself!! It was really cool to see.

That's why I do this. That's exactly what I love about this group. She did it! She finished the laps! I'm so proud of her and happy for her! I loved getting to remind her that 2 weeks ago she was having a hard time with the 60 seconds of jogging and now, only 2 weeks later, she jogged a full lap twice! That's amazing progress in just 2 weeks.

I can't wait to see how the runners do as we progress in the program. They all can do it. I know they can. I hope they all believe in themselves as much as I do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment