Wednesday, May 4, 2011

W2D2 Success!

Tonight was a bit rainy and ended up pouring when we finished up. We had many people cancel and about a dozen not show up, but still had 16 of us at the track tonight. They did GREAT!

I am SO proud of this group. I love it so much. I love seeing new runners push themselves and finish. I love seeing the pride on their faces at their successes. It is so great!

I'm really looking forward to 2 more weeks. Next week we switch from my stop watch and whistle to distance. Week 3 is jog 1/2 lap, walk 1/2 lap, jog 1 lap, walk 1 lap, repeat. I know they are nervous about a full lap, but I also know that they can ALL do it! All of them! :)

THEN my favorite week of every single one! Week 4. That's when they do Jog 1, walk 1/2, Jog 2, walk 1 and repeat. They get so nervous about having to jog 2 full laps twice and it freaks them out before we start. But they do it and they are so proud when I finish and succeed! THEN I add up the laps they jogged. 1 full + 2 full +1 full + 2 full= 6 full laps jogged, which is a mile and a half!

I love seeing that look come over each runner when they do the math themselves and realize that yeah, they just jogged a mile and a half! It is amazing to see the transformation come over them. They stand a little different. They have a different look in their eyes.

I think that's the day they start to really believe in themselves that they can do it. And I think that is the day that they start to think of themselves as runners. I love that day. That's my favorite one.

Only 2 more weeks.

But for now? I'm SO proud of them for showing up in the rain and getting that training in! They did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment