Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More Snow?

Someone at work today said, "you really picked the worst year to train for a marathon." Um, ya think?? My office closed at 3pm today and once I finally cleaned off my car and got home, I was stuck in my driveway. It took me about a half hour just to get my car parked! :(

Last night I went right to the gym to get in a run and workout. I did some hills on the treadmill and that was good. And I was doing ok during my run until a guy got in the treadmill next to me and I swear he must have taken a bath in his cologne! It was SO strong. I know I have a sensitive sense of smell (told I have a "super smeller") but WOW! I couldn't breath! I started coughing and my eyes were watering. It was horrible. Who does that?

So even though I wanted 5 miles, I only managed 3 before I had to run away from there. I did end up with another great stretch plus an amazing ab workout and a leg workout which I can feel already. I really pushed that.

I did want to go to the gym after work and I was planning on it even when work said we could close at 3. I figured the parking lot might even be better! Then I actually got outside and walked to my car.

Yeah, they plowed the office park. They plowed everyone IN! One of my friends was using a shovel to get her car out, it was really that bad. And tomorrow we are getting another storm. Oh yeah, and Saturday too. The snow in my front yard is higher than my mid thigh! And that's not a snowbank, that's just even level across the whole front yard. FEET of snow. NOT fun.

So yup, I picked the worst possible year to train for a marathon. It isn't safe to run outside along the roads. We have no sidewalks anymore and the roads are SO narrow with all the snow. It'll be a challenge for the 1/2 marathon. I'm hoping I can get an outside run in on Saturday.

On another note, the fundraising is going pretty good. Up to 17% of my goal with 11 weeks left. I'm feeling good with it. :) Yesterday I emailed my dad a copy of the fundraising letter I wrote up and I mailed copies to my mom too. They are going to give them to their friends and co-workers and see what happens.

Every little bit will make a difference. $7000 is a lot of money. I'm collecting cans at work to help and I'm going ask co-workers for help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment