Sunday, February 20, 2011

Starting time in 3 Hours

This is just WAY too early to be up on a Sunday. The alarm was set for 6am. After a few clicks of the snooze button, up and half way ready to leave for 7:15. Although coffee isn't the best choice for a run day, I have 2-3 cups every morning. I'd rather get down one cup and deal with that, than have to deal with the headache from no coffee!

I'm still nervous. I know it is very cold out and windy. This is going to be a little mroe challengeing than I had first expected but is there anyway that 13.1 miles wouldn't be challenging??

I have a bag packed with a couple of Zone Bars and Power Bar Energy Bites, along with some jelly beans... all with over 25 grams of carbs each. I already ate a banana. I should eat more, but that's all I can get down right now. Just too early for me to eat!

I have water, gloves, and my license packed up too. Smuttynose Beer is a sponsor, so I might need an ID for after the race. (ok wishful thinking, but I still get ID'd once and a while so I'm being optomistic!)

Just turned on the TV for the news. Channel 4 is showing that it is 16 degrees out right now. WOW! That's COLD! Hmm... I'm going to have to reconsider the layers this morning. But at least they just said the wind is gone.

Well... this is it. Leaving soon, frigid temps, and 13.1 miles. Am I absolutely crazy for doing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment