Thursday, March 3, 2011

Adjusting the Progress

My lower back issue from Tuesday is sticking around. It was REALLY bad yesterday. One of those things where if you move the wrong way, you just feel it shoot right through everything. It was tough to walk.

But I went to the gym anyway. I was determined to get in 1 full hour. I was flinching during the 5 minute walking warm up. Then I started to jog. I was almost in tears. My back hurt so much. I might have made it 90 seconds jogging. For a while I had to hold the treadmill handles to just walk. It was so painful! I did do 1 hour... for a whopping 3 miles. I can't believe I went that slow.

After the gym I did get a lower back massage which helped a lot. Tonight I was in the pool and took it easy with a 1/2 mile and lots of catching up with some friends. Right now I have a heating pad on my lower back. I'm hoping tomorrow it feels much better. The long run this weekend might be challenging. But I'll do what I can do.

Now... off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment