Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Catching up

My first apppointment with the chiropractor was on Monday. I have a list of exercises and stretches to do, plus a new ice pack. Today after spending LOTS of time stretching out my back, it was a little tough to walk later. I did ice for a bit then got back on the heating pad. For some reason that helps more.

I miss running as much as I was. I'm scared about the marathon. March has SUCKED for training. It was March 2nd when I really threw out my back and since then I have pain every time I run and it happens faster and worse each time. I really hope this helps.

As of now, I still haven't signed up for the race this weekend. They have a 1/2 marathon and a 5K. I was undecided on which I was going to do. Kind of depends on how I'm feeling I guess, which is why I keep putting off my registration.

I'm thinking of taking a yoga class tomorrow night too, which hopefully will help my back too. There is a studio around the corner that has some classes. We'll see how I feel. It is RIGHT after work, so I'd be cutting it close to make it.

I've had lots going on in my personal life too. Lots of stress which isn't helping and lots on my mind which combined is making sleep something I wish for. I used to get these great full nights of sleep. Been a while since I've had one of those. Kind of miss it.

Staying positive with everything... my back, my personal life, my stress level. Things work out for the best with me, so I'm not too worried. I will be where I am supposed to be.

With my companies matching gift of matching all employee donations, I will be pushed over $6500 raised for Mass Eye and Ear. I still have a couple of people who haven't donated yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can push that up a little higher in the next 3 weeks. That in itself is really exciting.

Right now, I want to cross the finish line of the marathon. I'm not sure how my back will be handling all of this. I want to cross it healthy, without being in too much pain. Tonight I had a hard time walking. So we will see. I have tossed out everything with time and I just want to finish.

Without all of the exercise, with my stress level and all that entails (stomach issues and no appetite) I'm down a couple of more pounds. I'm not sure how I weighed 0.2 less tonight, fully dressed, than I did first thing this morning just before getting into the shower. But I'm at a point I do not want to be at.

I try to in a certain weight range. I have a favorite number and I go two above or 2 below for my range. I'm 2 below my low point. Not good. I've lost 2 pounds in a week. I need to really watch it and get myself back to where I was with my health, my back, my weight and everything else. I know I can do it, but it will be work. Like everything in life, the good things aren't easy. Just like the marathon.

Less than 3 weeks. I'm scared. I'm nervous. I heard a great quote the other day. What is, is. That's how I am feeling about this. I want to finish. I want to cross that line. I want this accomplishment. I am already injured. What is, is. What will happen, will.

April 18th is coming quick, but I will be at that starting line and I am really looking forward to that day. I'm not sure of the ups and downs of the day and what it will all bring, but I'm excited for the challenge.

I never thought I could raise $5000, let along over $6500! And here I am, 3 weeks away from the Boston Marathon. Anything in life is possible. Just believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment