Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back in the Game

February was a really tough month for me. I was sick more the half the month! It was so challenging with the training when I felt miserable. But today is a new month and a new beginning. I'm very happy to say good-bye to February!

So day one in March, hit the gym for a quick 3 miles on the treadmill. I struggled a bit for the last 1/2 mile. Something is up with my lower back. I tried my best to stretch it out. Just under my tailbone on my right side.

After leaving the gym, I went straight to the pool to meet some friends. It was a slow go with lots of chatting but it still felt really good. I got in just over a 1/2 a mile.

I feel really good with today's workout. I accomplished what I wanted to do and I'm happy with that. My back is VERY sore now... when I got out of my car after coming home I couldn't even stand up straight! NOT good. But I'm sure I'll be ok after I sleep.

Tomorrow straight from work I will be heading back to the gym. Instead of worrying about distance tomorrow, the plan is to run for 1 hour and just see how many miles I get in.

Thursday night I'll be back at the pool and I'll get in a full mile. I love swimming and plus I am always at the pool with friends too, so it is now a social thing. I just have fun while I'm there. That's one of the problems I have been having with the training overall. I lost the fun in it. Now I am trying to get that back. I'm hoping just putting a time limit on my run tomorrow will help with that.

I'm a little worried about my long run this weekend. Originally I was going to run with a friend of mine, but he hurt his knee so I think that's out. I'm going to try to ask and see if friends can meet me to help me get in some extra miles. Even if I do my 3 mile loop 3 times on my own, then have someone meet me so I can get through 9-12 with help. Who knows, I might need help 6-9 too!

But under 7 weeks left. I hope I can continue to push myself and I really am feeling better about March than what February was. Hopefully that will stick with me all month!

No comments:

Post a Comment