Thursday, March 31, 2011

Back and Running and Hope

Tomorrow is another chiro appointment. I've been doing all my exercises this week. Lots of stretching and using a softball to kind of work out the muscles in my low back/ hip area. I'm feeling pretty good about it and REALLY looking forward to my appointment tomorrow.

Sunday I have a race up in NH. Originally I was going to do the 1/2 marathon, but with how poorly my training has been as well as my back starting to improve, I don't want to put that much stress on my body right now. I haven't registered yet, so I am pretty sure I am going to do the 5K instead. That's the plan as of now anyway. And I want to just go out, have fun and finish. Again, no pressure on time or pushing myself. Just running at a nice steady pace, having fun and finishing. That's what I did at the 5K a few weeks ago and I had a personal best. Looking forward to seeing how that goes with another 5K.

Then the following weekend I have a 10K I am registered for locally. That one I did sign up for and pick my race (the 5K or 10K). And I will have the same plan that day. Go out, have fun, run at a nice steady pace and finish. Nothing more, nothing less. That will be a good indicator of my back too.

I'm REALLY worried about the marathon. My training through out March has been so minimal and I am NO WHERE near where I should be for having the marathon in 18 days. HOLY CRAP... 18 days? I'm at the point that I can count in days? Really? WOW! That's even scarier!

As far as the fundraising goes, I've done better than I expected. People have been so incredibly generous with their support. I am waiting on a few more donations that people have said will be coming, plus my companies match. Right now, my online total is showing as $6050. Who would have thunk it? WOW!

And I know I have 2 more donations coming BEFORE my company match. With all of that, I should receive another $700-800 in donations! If those 2 donations don't end up coming in, I will still end up over $6700.

Even though I had set my fund raising goal at $7000, I honestly NEVER thought I would make it. I never did. I was a little uneasy about hitting the required $5000! And here I am, KNOWING I will be over $6700... less than $300 from my goal. That is absolutely nuts!

I'm really proud of that and I am just touched by the support I have received from everyone. I know that support, the kind words, the encouragement from everyone, that will all help carry me on as I make my way to Boston, IN 18 DAYS! WOW!

Hopefully tomorrow goes well. And hopefully Sunday's race goes well. And hopefully next week I can get in LOTS of running and more training. And hopefully the following weekend my 10K goes well.

I have a lot of hope for a lot of things. So here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment