Saturday, April 2, 2011

16 Days and Counting

My back is continuing to get better. Tomorrow I will find out a lot after running for the first time in 3 weeks. This is just a 5K, but I will know if I am getting better or not. Well, I tried to run 2 weeks ago and go all of 1/4 mile in... ended up limping after that.

The day I did the 5K three weeks ago, I couldn't walk that night. I'm a little nervous about the race tomorrow. I plan on bringing up an ice pack to ice my back after the race is done. Hopefully that and a really good stretch and some Advil will make a big difference.

The Chiro appointments have helped so much, even though I have only had 2 so far. I have another one for Monday, which I am sure I'll need after the 5K on Sunday. Hopefully things work out well.

Fund raising has been amazing. I am SO absolutely blown away by the incredible generosity people have shown. Boston Athletic Association requires $5000 (or my credit card would be charged for anything less). Mass Eye and Ear requested $6000 for each running team member. I set my fund raising goal at $7000.

Honestly, I wasn't sure I could make the $5000. I was pretty nervous about it. I didn't really know if I could do it. As of right now, exactly where I am, if the only other check I get is my company's employee match, I will be at $6755. I am at $245 away from my goal! WOW! I never thought that would happen! I really never did.

I'm really hoping that I can pass the $7000 mark. As much as I didn't think it was possible, I would really love to make that goal and pass it. I would love it if I could saw I hit it. I'm close and I have 16 days, so it IS a possibility.

There are still a few people out there who have said they wanted to contribute, but just haven't yet. This is the challenge for me. Who do go back to? Who do remind? I don't know people's individual circumstances financially. I don't want to throw and push all of this on people again and again and again, but I have 16 days left.

I'll have to think about it. I just posted on Facebook that I am only $245 from my goal and thanked all who have contributed for their amazing generosity. I really am just so blown away. I knew I had great people in my life, but I am completely touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment