Wednesday, December 15, 2010

And the journey begins....

Two nights in a row I didn't sleep well and I'm pretty exhausted right about now. Hoping that tonight I can get a good nights sleep! Need it. I'm afraid I am going to start to get pretty cranky if I don't sleep.

While at work today, I actually took a lunch break. I am ALMOST done filling out the application to join Team Eye and Ear. I am SO excited about the possibilities of this. I'm absolutely terrified, but so excited at the same time. I can't wait until tomorrow to get her my application. It'll be SO hard when I have to wait until Friday to hear back for the decision.

Also at work today, I talked to one of the managers. I had mentioned this to her yesterday, that there was a possibility of doing this. Today I told her, this could REALLY happen. I told her my idea for fund raising, to have a raffle for people who donate $75 or more and she thought that was a GREAT idea. I asked what she thought about the company president donating Red Sox tickets to be part of my prizes. She said, "OH Yes! They would do that!"

Now I feel MUCH better about this and about the chances of really building up a pot. :) Someone else works at a VIP restaurant at The Boston Garden. She overheard me talking with someone that I might run Boston and my idea for the raffle. She said she is working on Sunday and she'll talk to her contact there to see if she could get me anything to contribute to my prizes as well.

I really think the fund raising side is going to come together. I feel less pressure about it and once I started brainstorming, more and more ideas kept coming. I want to get business cards made that list the link to this site. And once I register for the race and have a webpage for donations, I'll include that link here. That way I can pass out the business cards so people know where to go, can follow me and my journey and can help contribute to my fund raising efforts.

Tonight it was about 22 degrees when I got home from work. I did NOT want to run outside. So I put on my running clothes and headed to the gym. I'm glad I went with my friend Betsey last week and she showed me the way she does hill work on the treadmill.

Tonight, my workout was:
5 minute walking warm up.
4 mile run, split:
Mile 1: pace 5.0, incline +1
Mile 2: pace 5.0,
1.0-1.5 incline at +4
1.5-2.0 incline -2
Mile 3: pace 5.0. Incline split by qtr mile. +4, -2, +4, -2
Mile 4: 0 incline
3.0-3.5 pace at 5.0
3,5-4.0 pace at 5.5
5 minute walking cool down

Then I did about 15 minutes of stretching.

Next time I want to do a pace of 5.3 but tonight I wasn't sure about the hills, so I went a little slower. Plus, I wanted to stay consistant the entire time and not feel like I needed to slow down. And I was even able to go faster the last 1/2 mile!

Tomorrow night is cross training and I'll be at the pool doing lap swimming. :)

A little nervous about finishing the application and seeing if I am REALLY accepted to this team. Then I can go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment