Saturday, December 18, 2010

Another run under my belt

This week was tough because I haven't been sleeping all that well. I finally made up for some of it last night and didn't get up until noon! I haven't done that in.... I don't even remember the last time I did that!

But after some facebook messages then a call from my friend Carrie, I ended up meeting her at Weymouth HS and got in a 5 mile run. Felt good! It was a little colder out than I expected, but still felt good to get the run in. I stretched after but I'd like to get in another good stretch tonight.

I did 2 miles, then stopped and took off my top layer and had some water and stretched my calves. After that, I stopped, stretched and had water after mile 3 and mile 4. But felt good to get the full 5 in.

For some reason I generally have a hard time with the Saturday runs. I am so used to running at night, after a full day of work and then I get out there and work off the stress of the day. Saturdays, after a lazy morning? SO different to get out and push myself, especially when it is for a long run!

I'll need to change that mindset soon. Next week is 6 miles and the week after is a 10K in Salisbury on New Year's Day. I have next Friday off and I'm not planning on running on Christmas day, so I think I'll tweak the schedule and get the run in on Friday instead and take Saturday as a rest day.

Still nervous about waiting on a decision. But just trying to put it out of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment