Wednesday, December 22, 2010

How long can I really do downward dog??

About a month ago I found website that I LOVE to keep track of all of my workouts. It logs everything from running routes, sneakers, mileage, cross training, weight, sleep, everything! It even keeps track of the miles on your sneakers and gives a warning on when you need a new pair. It is www.running-journal.com. LOVE it.

I realized that with the run and swim I did yesterday, I didn't eat enough. My weight was down this morning and I'm trying to not let it get that low. I'm going to have to be more aware of what I am eating and how much.

Tonight I went straight to the gym from work. I had the best of intentions of logging 4 miles on the treadmill. After a walking warm up, I did the first mile at a +1 incline with the speed at 5.5 for a 10:54 mile. For 1-1.5 I was at the same pace but did a +5 incline to do hill work. I was pushing it, but felt ok. Then 1.5-2 I did a -2 decline to do the downhill.

It was during the downhill that my right calf started to bother me. I had a knot and I was trying to work through it. It wasn't going away.

When I hit 2 miles, I set the incline level back to +1. That's when it got BAD. OH my God, if I could have been limping on the treadmill at a 5.5 pace, I would have been! I only made it to 2.25 and then walked for a half mile, still trying to work it out. I really thought it would get better and then I could start running again.

I stopped the treadmill at 2.75 and did some calf stretches. I had my ankle hanging over the side and I could feel it. Oh MAN could I feel that knot! WOW! After at least 5 minutes of just calf stretches, I started the treadmill back up, determined to get in another 2 miles.

HELL NO! I didn't even last 1 minute! After I cleaned off the treadmill and went to grab a mat in the stretching area, I was literally LIMPING! It hurts SO bad right now. URGH! So I'm not pushing it, I gave up on today's run and I'm looking forward to tomorrow to go swimming. I hope it feels better then.

I tried to stretch it out for a while. Not sure what else I can do right now for it. I did downward dog SO many times... not helping. But I didn't want to push it too much and really injure it, then mess up the whole of my training instead of just one day.

Tomorrow is another day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment