Thursday, December 16, 2010

Time to Wait!

Today I finished up the application to join Team Eye and Ear and eamailed it off. Now I wait. I'm nervous but excitd about this. I had a dream last night that she told me no. :( That wouldn't be good.

She emailed me back and said she'd review it and be in touch with me tomorrow. So tomorrow I will either be super excited or just crushed. I'm hopeful and optimistic. But right now, all I can do is wait and see.

Either way, I'm still doing the Half at Hampton on February 20th, so that training continues. Today is cross training day. I'm leaving in about 10 minutes to meet my friends at the pool for some lap swimming. That's always fun and I love that I can already see progress in my swimming ability. Can't wait until I get my new bathing suits and my kick board delivered!

Saturday is my long run. The half marathon schedule is for 5 miles, but I'd really like to try for 5. I've done 5 a few times already and I'd really like to try for 6. It depends on the weather though. I have to get this run in outside, but the weather this weekend is questionable.

That's another concern I have for this training, the weather. The races are outside... I need to run outside to train! I might do a couple of the night runs at the gym, if I need to.

Ahh... waiting isn't fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment