Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years!

Today was a rest day for my training schedule. I met with a trainer at the gym to basically figure out what I should be doing for strength training there. I haven't been anywhere other than the cardio area and stretching room. Nice to refresh myself with the rest of the gym!

I ended up doing a quick ab workout. I wanted to keep it light today with the 10K tomorrow. Tonight is New Years Eve.. but low key. I really want to do well in the 10K and I need my rest. Out partying all night wouldn't work well for that!

I checked out my online fitness journal today, where I log everything I do. GREAT way to go back and see my history. Even with all my slacking the last 2 weeks with Christmas and with the snow storm, I still managed over 40 miles in December. And that was without training for Boston! I'm proud of that! 12 months ago I NEVER would have thought I could run over 40 miles in a month! That's NUTS!

I went shopping today to use up Kohl's cash and some gift certificates. I still spent a lot of money but I got great deals and I really did need a lot. I got running pants, sports bras, regular bras, fleece mid layer pull-overs ($7.50 EACH at Target! I got 4!), Vests with matching headband ear warmer things (got 3 at Kolh's for $13 each!), exercise tank tops with built in bras, and shoes of course. It was a GREAT shopping trip.

One funny thing happened today. I knew I had lost weight, and more specifically, I lost size. I'm stronger than I was before. When I was 22 years old, I weighed less than this by a few pounds. But I was bigger then in size. That's when I got my old Express bootcut jeans, size 9 short. Those are too big now. WAY too big now. I mean, if I wear them, people tell me I need to get rid of them. (those jeans were my goal! I wanted to fit back into my favorite pair of jeans that looked great on me when I was 22!) I still can't part with them, even if they look stupid on me.

SO back to shopping today. My arms hurt with the HUGE pile of clothes I carried around. I'm still struggling to figure out my size. Depends on the brand and where I'm shopping. Marshall's, I'm generally a size 6 petite in pants. So I was just grabbing a few things here and there. I knew that some of the small tops I have do have some room in them, so I grabbed a couple of X smalls too.

The exercise tops are Fila. I got 2 of them, both X Small, and 2 of Fila's X small sports bras too. Some of the tops I brought in were smalls, they were too big. Then in the petite section, I grabbed another stack to try on. NOTHING fit. 6 pants, the waist was too big. Then the CUTEST cord skirt. 6 petite. Yup, too big! When did this happen?

At Target where I got the deal on the Champion fleece pull overs (with a little 1/2 zipper and thumb slits too!) I took off the hoodie I had on and tried them on over my tank top. The small was WAY too big. I got 4 X smalls.

I hadn't realized that my size changed this much until today. I know people keep saying, "Julie, you are so tiny. You have no waist!" And I knew I had a small waist but I still wouldn't say I'm tiny. I just never realized my upper body really was tiny. I have no upper body! I'm wearing a freakin size X SMALL! When did that happen?

Anyway... not sure yet what my resolutions will be. I always name my year too and haven't figured that one out yet either. Still think it is so funny that 2010 was my year of fitness. I have never been this fit in my entire life! Guess this whole naming the year thing works! :)

Hapy New Year. Here is to an amazing 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment