Sunday, December 26, 2010

A few days off

Thursday night I went swimming and felt my calf pop. It was still sore Friday and Saturday. With Christmas on Saturday, I decided to take a couple of days off and let my calf muscles heal up a bit. I didn't want to make anything worse and injure myself more seriously.

Today I slept in.. and I slept in until 11am! WOW! Nice to relax and be lazy on a Sunday. Miss that. I was going to go to the gym early then be home by 1 for the Pats game. Didn't make it. And it has been snowing with flurries all morning and hasn't stopped.

At this point, I am not leaving my house today. So no running for me. I have tomorrow off from work and nothing planned anymore (was going to do Christmas with a friend who is an hour away, but with the blizzard overnight, I'm not driving up anymore). Tomorrow I will be hitting the gym afternoon, when the roads are clear to get in a long run.

I miss running outside. I'm already sick of the snow. Enough already! I want to get back outside for my runs. I don't love running at the gym and the motivation is harder to get there. But, if I want to do this, I need to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment