Monday, December 20, 2010

And so it begins!

I WAS ACCEPTED! Holy crap! It is for real! I am really going to be running in the 2011 Boston Marathon!

When I got the call at work, I was so excited! After I hung up it was all I could do not scream in my office! My arms were up in the air waving around as I squeeked an "EEEEE!" I ran up from my desk to share with the couple of people I told who were excited for me, for the most part. I shared with a few others, posted on facebook and emailed a few friends. I think I only got negative feedback from 2 people, so that's not bad.

Now I need to get on the ball and start getting my fund raising act together. I need to make some calls and get my prizes in order. I am going to hit some local businesses up after the first of the year of who can contribute. I have some ideas in mind.

And I am going to have to order those business cards I found on Vista print. I was thinking of getting a few of the little stands for them to put up in different places... my gym, the studio I used to work out at, my doctor's & dentist offices, and other local places.

I really need to work on those first, because that will make a big difference for what I can get for donations. And I need to not let the couple of negative people get to me.

Today is snowing. It took me 8 minutes to get to work from my driveway to the office parking lot. It took me 30 minutes to get home! There isn't too much snow on the ground, but nothing is treated and it is pretty slippery out there. SO... no outside running tonight for me. I figure I'll wait until the traffic lets up (the highway I passed over was a PARKING LOT and people are cutting through back roads) and see if they treat the roads at all. And then I'll make my way over to the gym when it is a bit quieter there, and I'll get my run in.

Today is scheduled to be a 3.5 mile run. I was hoping for 4 again, since that's what I did last week and that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Tomorrow is 2 on the schedule and I was planning on that, plus hitting the pool for a swim. Wednesday is 3 but I want to do 4. Not sure if I'll have to hit the gym for my runs all week with the weather like this and snow everywhere, but we'll see. If I do, then I do. I just have to make sure I get my butt out the door and to the gym! :)

WOW... I am really going to be doing this. I am going to be running in the 2011 Boston Marathon! HOLY CRAP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment