Tuesday, April 12, 2011

6 Days!

Wow has this come up quick! Six days? I can't believe it. I am SO nervous!! I have never been this nervous. I know I am under trained for this. I also know that I am still injured. Not the best way to tackle 26.2 miles, but I'll do what I can do.

Two weekends ago I had a 5K in NH. My back was SO sore after that race. I was limping back to the car for ice and Advil and spent so much time stretching. It was tough. I only ran less than 1 1/2 miles of the race and walked... more like limped, the rest of it. My time for that race was an even 42 minutes which might be my worst time ever for a 5K. My pace was 13:34.

That week I saw the chiropractor on Monday and Friday, swam laps Tuesday and Thursday and met friends at the track and walked on Wednesday. Plus I did SO much stretching and pulled out the foam roller too. I felt so much better over the weekend.

This past Sunday I did another 5K. My back was still sore during the race but not as bad as the weekend before in NH. I had a good pace and other than my back, I felt really good. But I started walking about 1/2 way through. Then I ran again the last 1/4 mile to the finish. I did some great stretching and took Advil right after the race too. My time this week was 35:25. So I cut 6 1/2 minutes with walking in there.

Monday I was back at the chiropractor. When I was on my stomach and he had my legs stretched out, it was the first time my leg length was even. My hips were actually aligned correctly the day after a race! WOW! Talk about an improvement!

I've been stretching this week but haven't done much else. I haven't been sleeping again which isn't good either. I canceled the track last night and tonight I didn't go to yoga. I just didn't have the energy tonight. I'm grateful I took Friday off so I can sleep in a bit and rest before the race. Then I'm heading into to town to get my # and whatnot and I have one more chiro appointment before the race. I want to get in a couple of yoga classes too to help my back a little more. I wish I hadn't been as tired as I was tonight and was able to make it to my yoga class. I just didn't have the energy.

SO at this point... I'm going to the marathon not as prepared as I want and not feeling as healthy as I want. But I'm doing it. I will walk and jog at intervals and get myself to Boston. It will be a day I will never ever forget and I am SO excited for it. Absolutely terrified but unbelievably excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment