Wednesday, April 27, 2011

W1 D2 C25K

Tonight was just as good as Monday! We had close to 40 people at the track on a warm and humid night. Everyone did SO well! The group is great and I LOVE it.

I love this group already. It is so hard to really get to know everyone and to even learn name! I'm not that good! It is just too many people too quickly.

But it went well. Everyone did a great job and they are turning out again and again and already looking forward to next week! I can't believe this is how all of this is turning out. The group has over 500 people in it! We have had almost 30 people join in just April alone. I'm just so happy with it.

I love the direction my life took with all of this. 2 years ago I was in such a different place and a completely different person. I was insecure, depressed, run down, and over weight. 2 years later, 40 pounds and a Boston Marathon later.. wow! Look at me now! Damn. I yell out to a group of 40 people at a track to encourage them to start the Couch to 5K!

The weirdest and funniest part... I keep hearing people tell me that I am an inspiration to them. How did that happen? How did I go from insecure, depressed, run down and over weight to being an inspiration for a large number of people?

The fitness group was a HUGE part of all of it. Getting out, meeting people and being active was a really big part of it all. Then being officially diagnosed with ADD and finally being treated, I think that was a huge part too. Having an ability to focus and get rid of the outside noise took away so much anxiety in my life and really helped with any mental and emotional things I was going through. It just made dealing with things so much easier.

And then, running. That was HUGE for me. Getting to the track and pounding it out, lap after lap. Having that runners high. Getting into the zone, the meditative part of it.. WOW. And the exercise, mile after mile, pound after pound.. all 40 of them.

I really have come a long way in the past 2 years. I'm not the same person. My friends are different, my life is different, even my home is different. Everything. There is very little from my life 2 years ago that remains the same at this point.

Can't wait to see what else happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment