Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I went swimming last night and today I could feel it in my back. That was a first. I don't usually feel swimming in my back. Tonight when I met friends at the track, after walking 2 laps I could already feel it, so I didn't even try to run. I walked for about 45 minutes to an hour and then did some great stretching. Now I'm home on a heating pad.

I'm pretty nervous about the marathon at this point. I don't know if I can do this. I don't know if trying to do this will cause a more serious longer term injury. I'm not sure what will happen.

As of now, I am getting my bib number next weekend. I'm taking the T into Boston to get a bus out to Hopkinton. I'm going to start and I'm going to try. And I am terrified! I could barely get to a mile on Sunday. How the hell am I going to 26 of those? I haven't been able to do the training I needed to do and running HURTS my back. How am I going to do this?

I'm going to try and do my best. I'll have advil and ask people to bring advil with them so I can take more on the route. And I'll walk if I have to walk 26 miles.

My back hasn't gotten any better with rest. Every time I try to run again, it is worse than it was the time before that. SO I don't know what I am going to do. I'm just really disappointed with this. I'm disappointed how this all turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment