Monday, April 25, 2011

And Couch to 5K begins!

Tonight was the first session of the new Couch to 5K with the fitness group. HOLY CRAP! I'm not exactly sure how many people didn't show up that rsvp'd. I'm not exactly sure how many people showed up who didn't rsvp. I think I had somewhere around 40+ at the track tonight.

WOW! Over 40 people showed up to do this running program! And there I am with the stop watch and whistle letting them all know when to switch from jogging to walking. It was incredible! So cool so see that many people show up and be excited to try this out together.

They laughed at me when I said in less than a month they will be looking forward to the nights at the track. I think letting them know that I met some of my closest friends through this group, doing this program, helped.

It was just a REALLY nice night. We had so much fun. Everyone did such a great job. I can't wait to see how this all evolves and how everyone does. I know we'll lose at least 15 people, but it would really nice if we kept a core group of 20-30 people doing this together! I'd LOVE it! :)

I'm just so excited to see how everyone does. Funny.... when did I become this person? Someone said I was a great coach tonight. Me? A coach? I guess organizing this, in a way, yeah.

I'm still considering becoming certified as a group fitness instructor and maybe a yoga instructor. I love the direction this group has brought me and the focus is has given me. I'm looking forward and thinking of new career possibilities as part of it and as a result of it and that is so amazing! I just can't believe HOW much my life has changed in 2 years. INSANE!

No comments:

Post a Comment