Saturday, April 23, 2011

Do I keep this?

Now that the marathon passed and I crossed the finish line, do I keep this blog??

Originally I wasn't going to but I started thinking about it a little more. In two days, I start up a whole new session of the Couch to 5K training program with my meetup group. Someone changed their rsvp to a NO after I closed out the rsvp list for new people, so that bumped us down to 49 people.

Yes 49 people want to join the running group! How crazy is that! Last Tuesday alone, I approved 7 new people for the fitness group and so many of them joined just for the running group. We have tennis starting up and the 24 slots in the golf lessons filled up in less than 24 hours, with a wait list! This group is just taking off. :)

SO yes, I think I will keep this blog, but the focus on it will remain running and fitness in general.

On that note, today? I didn't really sleep last night and I've been up for hours. At noon, I am still in my pj's, on the sofa, doing nothing. No exercise, no stretching, no nothing. The weather is horrible, so I wouldn't really be doing outside running right now by choice, but I've just been lazy.

My back, which was amazing for the marathon, started bothering me a little bit yesterday. I have a feeling it might be from the kickboard at the pool. Just arching my back more to keep my head above water while I'm kicking might be putting more stress on my lower back. SO no more 45 minutes of kickboard for me. Sticking with just laps for the next month until the pool closes.

Hopefully when I start running again in 2 days, my back will be ok. I have most of what I need ready to go. I found the 2 stop watches I had with the whistles so I can let people know the 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking and when to switch.

I'm really looking forward to starting it up again. I love having out group this busy and seeing people this excited to get moving and try out fitness. I love watching people's faces when they realize their accomplishments and see the pride come over them! That's the best part!

I have an amazing team of assistant organizers who all have their own thing they are into... golf, tennis, dance lessons, exercise classes, hiking, walks, kayaking. Then me, with swimming, Couch to 5K and road races. Because of the team, we can offer so much to people. Plus the group is very low pressure and just FUN!

Even with today cold, rainy and raw, the warmer weather is coming. The days are getting longer and outdoor activities are starting back up. Everyone is happier in the summer and life is good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment