Monday, January 17, 2011

91 Days, 3 Months From Tomorrow!

91 Days left! WOW! This is really going to come up fast. 3 months from tomorrow. That scares me. That's not a huge amount of time to keep training. I'm going to have to focus on the small instead. Five weeks until the 1/2 marathon. Ok, so that scares me even more! LOL!

I'm hoping that race day, being with others out on the road, I think that will help. That will make the run that much easier. Well, maybe easier isn't the word for it. But just having others to run with is so much better for me.

In a few weeks, when I build up my distance a little, I want to join FitCorp in Boston for their long runs in Boston. I'm not up to their level yet. I can't do what they do yet. I have to continue to build my distance and my pace to get there.

I know some runs are easier than others. Yesterday was a bad run. I'm just going to move past it. I felt sick all day after the run and I'm still not 100%. I'm better but not 100%. Because of that, I'm taking today off from training, then I'll hop back on track tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm doing a quick 3 miles on the treadmill, then meeting friends at the pool to swim laps. I'd like to get in a full mile. Then Wednesday night is another treadmill night of 4.5 miles.

After checking the fund raising page, I got 2 more donations. That puts me up to 5% of my goal, with 91 days remaining for fund raising. I started writing letters that I'll mail out next week. And I know so many others will end up donating within the next month or so. 3 months away is a long time.

But I'm feeling good, feeling positive. If I can keep up my end of the training and running, I know my family, friends and contacts can come through for me to make my goal. I feel REALLY good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment