Sunday, January 2, 2011

Relaxing Sunday

Still waiting for the results to be posted on CoolRunning.com. Oh well. I've been checking CONSTANTLY! :) At least I know I'm roughly 1:09, so that's good.

Originally my plan today was to hit the gym for a legs and abs workout then hit the pool for some laps. That plan fell apart. I'm not super sore from yesterday's race, but I think I just need the break.

Tomorrow night I'll be back at the gym to get my run in, but I am going to change my strength training day from Sunday's to Monday's and do legs and abs on Monday nights. I think my body just needs a rest after the long runs on Saturdays. Then on Wednesday nights, my plan is to do strength training again, but abs and all upper body work (back, chest, bi's and tri's). That way I'll be getting everything in, but my legs will have enough time to heal from my Monday night work out before my next long run on Saturday, and they will still have rest AFTER the long run.

I FINALLY started sleeping well again. All 3 days on this weekend I set my alarm for 8am. That was pretty good. Not sleeping in too late and getting back to a regular schedule. Hopefull the bit of insomnia I've had for weeks is over. That would be WONDERFUL!

I'm so glad I did the 10K yesterday. I feel good about it. I'm proud of what I accomplished and of the progress I've made in running. It was great to share it with friends and have a few of them standing just by the finish line as I was rounding the corner, cheering me on!

Last night I realized something too. My time. Generally for my 5K's, I have been at 35 minutes. The Womatuck one I did in October, the super hilly course that I didn't stop on once, my time was 35:01. But for yesterday on the 10K, I walked along the beach for maybe 1/4-1/2 mile stretch and my time was 1:09. That's double my 5K time WITH me walking on the beach! I kept the pace for the whole 6 miles on average. I'm REALLY happy with those results. That's a REALLY big deal for me. I'm so happy with that.

I was super excited last night when I realized that. :)

So today, on my new "rest" day, I'm going to shower, head up to mom's for a homemade pasta dinner that dad is making, and enjoy some meaningless football (since the Pats are already in the playoffs anyway).

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment