Saturday, January 22, 2011

Long Run Motivation

It is so hard to get motivated for my Saturday long runs. It isn't something that is quick... I have to spend TIME on those runs. And the weather really isn't making it any easier.

I did get out last weekend when I ended up having a bad stomach bug. That one was horrible. Yesterday we got another 6 inches of snow and today it is about 20 degrees outside. SO all ice and snow on the roads. I don't really feel comfortable trying to get that in outside. I'm a klutz! I don't want to ruin all that I HAVE done with getting injured from running on bad roads.

SO now I have to get myself excited to go to the gym. To run on the treadmill. For 9 miles. Really? Get excited and motivated for that? When my back is STILL sore (ice on it right now!). This is going to be another hard thing to accomplish.

These long runs are really hard for me.

The 1/2 marathon is in 4 weeks from tomorrow. I have to keep going to be ready for that. 4 weeks to do 13.1 miles. Today is 9. URGH! Just tough. Need to get myself up and going and motivated. Easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment