Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back to the gym

First... completely forgot that when I work out it takes 36 hours for me to really feel it. When did I remember that? This morning when I woke up and tried to get out of bed! Yup, my legs were pretty sore!

And I was exhausted again today but with some encouragement, I made it back to the gym tonight. Seems like the New Years craziness is already starting to slow down a little. I still had to park on the street, but there were plenty of treadmills to choose from.

I varied my pace a bit and I was struggling to find what worked for me. I did end up finishing up 4 miles in under 44 minutes, so that's good. Maintaining the 11 minute mile training.

My feet went numb again. I made sure to lace up my sneakers much more loosly. It started even earlier tonight. First on my pinkie toe, and 4th toe- on both feet but stronger on my left. Then it was the 3rd-5th toes on each foot, plus the ball of each foot. I kept trying to stretch out my toes as I was running but it wasn't really helping. I'll need to figure that one out.

I realized that this happens more on a treadmill than it does outside. The only time it happened while running outside that I can remember was the 10K on Saturday. And that started after mile 4. I don't remember it happening outside otherwise. But on a treadmill? All the time! I remember doing the eliptical machine before and it happening then. The same motion and pressure on my feet without the pounding. And my feet go numb almost every single time I have been on an eliptical. I don't think its my gait. I don't know why.

After running I did a GREAT stretch for a while. Then I did a really good ab workout again and did the plank posture again too, this time for 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Tonight I did weights too. I did all upper body. On the machines, I did the tri press and shoulder press. Then I went back to the hand weights. I did biceps curls and hammer curls, back, shoulders, tri dips, upright row. Yeah, I won't be able to wash my hair tomorrow!

But I feel good right now. Nervous about the long run this weekend. Bummed about the weather. It is going to snow again, Friday night into Saturday.. up to a few inches. So again, I won't be able to run outside. I can't wait until the weather clears up.

No comments:

Post a Comment