Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pigeon- 98 Days

I woke up this morning SO sore from yesterday. My hamstrings were killing me! Were? I say that as if they are better! No, they are still super sore, but ok.

Very happy that yesterday at the MMA event, my friend Jill mentioned she might go to the pool today. She sent me a text and we met just after 10:30. (yeah, I was late!) It was pretty hard to get going and again, my hamstrings are so tight!

I managed a VERY slow mile in the pool today. Then spent some time stretching. Not exactly sure what it specifically was yesterday that has my hamstrings and glutes like this. I don't usually feel like this from running, so I think it was something at the MMA thing.

Might be one specific stretch we did, but I'm not sure. Pigeon Pose. I found a picture online.

http://www.yogacards.com/yoga-postures-2/kapotasana-pigeon-pose.html

And here's a picture from that site:



We did that and also lifted up our back leg and held it with the opposite arm. And after I ran, I did the same pose, but also when I did it at the gym, I bent forward and put my head down over my front leg.

I think too much pigeon might be what is killing my hamstrings and glutes right now. But still... a good hurt. Just sore.

Swimming helped work it out a bit. I really like the time at the pool. And I love that I have seen progress with it. I'd like to keep up with it and keep improving. I'm at a mile, but I'd like to do it faster with less breaks between laps.

Now I get to enjoy the rest of the day with dinner at my parents and playoff football. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment