Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rest Today

This morning when I woke up, I could walk! SO after the workout I did, that was a good thing and I was happy! I could feel it but not too badly.

But I was SO tired today. Not just physically tired but mentally exhausted as well. It was tough to finish up the day at work. I was just fried.

I was originally planning to go to the gym for a 2 mile run, then hit the pool for a bit. I changed my mind on both, went straight home from work, put on sweats and laid down on the sofa for the night. I needed the night off.

I think I need to plan a little bit more rest in my schedule. But I have been good about listening to what my body needs without using it as an excuse or taking advantage of it. I did take time off over Christmas, but I think because of that, I did better than I expected with the 10K.

And I did do 4 miles last night and I'm planning on another 4 tomorrow, as well as weight training both nights. But when I get this tire, I have a hard time functioning. I was there today.

So I'm taking this break and tomorrow I'll be back on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment