Monday, January 3, 2011

What a Workout!

I was at the gym tonight straight from work. DAMN! I knew New Years would make a difference, but tonight was just CRAZY! I couldn't even get a spot in the lot and had to park on the street! After I changed, I got the one and only open treadmill. And they a lot of treadmills! I really didn't expect it to be quite that busy.

I ended up getting in a great 4 mile run. I had to slow down my pace for a bit. I started out at 5.5 and at about 1 1/2 miles, I slowed down to 5.3. I was doing ok at that pace and at around 2.75 I went back to 5.5. Then around 3.25 I push it to 5.8 and for the last quarter mile I got it up to 6.0. That's the fastest pace I've done on the treadmill so far.

Overall, I did 4 miles in 43:30 which worked out to a 10:52 pace. So for me, that's really really good! And I felt good when I was done. I had a great time stretching too.

From there I pushed myself with an amazing ab workout. I can feel it! And then I moved to the weight room. I did the leg press, leg curls and leg extensions and then I grabbed some hand weights and did some squats and lunges for a bit. I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to walk tomorrow!

But I feel good. I'm glad I pushed myself. And then when I have my long run this weekend, my legs will be better from the workout today. I am going to sleep so well tonight and I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment