Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Spring Running

Last night, I was up late, knowing that I wasn't going to have work today. I was online and a little bored. Since I've already had 3 or 4 people from my fitness group ask me about the Couch to 5K training again for the Spring, I ended up posting it starting on Monday, April 25th.

This was around midnight last night that the email went out to my fitness group. Now? Less than 24 hours? I have me plus 8 people signed up to go! It is more than 3 months away!!! I have 8 people already going! How insane is that??

I'm really excited for it. I love seeing everyone's progress with the group. I love getting to know everyone and the whole group atmosphere.

July of 2009 when we first started I kept saying, "I am NOT a runner". Well, that's changed. Now I am! We are starting this year's C25K one week after Boston. One week to the day! So I'll be starting this session of this as a marathon runner. Kind of cool to say that.

Last night at our training session, the coach, Frank and one of the hospital employees, Jen who ran her first one last year both spoke. After giving the stat that only 1% of the population ever even attempts a marathon, Frank said that in any language, anywhere around the world, if you say you are a marathoner, people understand what that means and what that says about you as a person. What it says about WHO you are.

Then Jen piped in. She said, "And wait until you tell them you are a BOSTON marathoner".

That's what I am going to be. When I start the Couch to 5K training again with my fitness group in April, I will be a Boston Marathoner! So now, I AM a runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment