Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Team Meeting

Today I took a couple of vacation hours to head of the office early. Everyone kept telling me to give myself 2 hours to get to Mass Eye and Ear. So after stopping at home, I was on the road before 3:45 for the 5:45 meeting. Took me 30 minutes to park!

But I used the extra time wisely while I was waiting, brain storming about fund raising ideas. I have a few more that I am going to work on.

Then we had the fund raising meeting with our team. I got a few new ideas which was great. I'll have to spend some more time going over the notes I took. I would really like to raise a lot. It was amazing hearing even more of the stories tonight of those helped by Mass Eye and Ear. They really work with patients and families for the best possible care as one of the top ranking specialty hospitals in the world!

After that we had the offical "kick off" party. It was nice to meet so many of the team members. I felt a little better knowing so many are first time marathoner's and hearing the struggles others are going through. And the trainer was a great resource as well.

Hearing all of the past finishers speak and give tips helped. I'm still really nervous, but have a better direction.

I know I need to get outside more for my long runs. I know how important it is for the training. I really don't care about the cold! 30 is great running weather. I just don't like the snow and ice, bad road conditions and unsafe areas to run. I am generally a klutz! Me running on the side of a road (since no sidewalks are safe to run on!) sharing the road with cars? I would slip as a truck was coming by, break my ankle and get hit by the truck on top of it!

I want to run the marathon. I want to finish it. I don't want to get hurt during my training. And tomorrow we are getting another foot of snow! I am never going to get back outside.

But I am really glad I signed up for the 1/2 marathon next month. It will be great practice for where I am at in my training and I can use that as a guide.

LOTS to do and lots to keep up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment